Thursday, September 21, 2017

Replacement arbor bolt for Porter Cable 324Mag type 1

My circular saw, a Porter-Cable 324MAG Type 1, has a broken blade bolt.  Porter-Cable designed a tool-less bolt removal system that someone broke when I loaned them my saw.  This is the bolt that fastens the blade to the arbor.  The silver key is supposed to slide to give you a small handle that allows you to unscrew the bolt.  Eventually, someone will break it.





Some Googling suggests that a viable replacement is Porter-Cable blade bolt PN 876053 which sells for $9.99 through Amazon with free shipping or $4.67 through servicenet.portercable.com plus 10.99 shipping.  I think I'll use Amazon.

These parts are related, but now discontinued:

Porter Cable Locking Blade Clamp (Right-​Hand Thread)
Part Number: N37679
Replaces: A02590, A02590SV
Discontinued

No comments:

Post a Comment